Student Center & Event Services provides the campus community and its guests with a variety of services and venues for social, recreational, cultural, and educational pursuits and is the primary resource for individuals/groups interested in holding a meeting, seminar, summer conference program or other event at UC Irvine.
VIP Event Services*: 949.351.7736
*On the day of your event, our staff are on call to assist with your needs. Service limitations and additional fees may apply. (Available 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. except University holidays)
Message from the Director
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
Welcome to the online home of UCI’s Student Center. Our staff invite you to explore the host of services and facilities designed to meet the demands of our diverse campus community.
The Visitor Center should be the first stop for prospective students and their parents, alumni and all visitors who want to know more about the University of California, Irvine. Conveniently located just inside the entrance to the Student Center, the Visitor Center is the starting point for guests seeking information on campus activities, conferences and campus tours.
We hope that whether you are just looking for a place to read while grabbing something to eat or going beyond the basics and planning an exciting and memorable event, you will find the Student Center a welcoming and inclusive gathering place for all Anteaters to interact, learn and enjoy.
We encourage you to explore and experience the Student Center first-hand. We offer convenient dining options, shopping, other retail services and entertainment so you don’t have to choose between work and play—you can do both. There truly is something for everyone including a staff of inspired event professionals, some of the most unique and flexible meeting spaces in Orange County and newly upgraded, state-of-art audiovisual technology.
Visit our website regularly for a calendar of events taking place at the Student Center Conference Center and for news and highlights including special savings on event services. We look forward to seeing you at the Student Center Conference Center for an unforgettable experience and encourage you to connect with us in person or online to let us know what you think.
Stacey L. Murren
Director – Student Center & Event Services
University of California, Irvine
To inspire all of our campus guests through the promise that comes from serving others.
Foster the academic, social and cultural mission of the university with student involvement and development opportunities via employment and mentoring outside the classroom in a world-class facility offering year-round conference and event production services.
- Excellence – To go beyond what is necessary and to excel in all of our services.
- Fun – To create an enjoyable environment through the balance of work and life.
- Innovation – To be a model for best practices through creative solutions.
- Integrity – A commitment to be honest and sincere from the relationships we form to the services we provide.
- Respect – We will be open and understanding of others in all our actions and deeds. Treat others as we expect to be treated.
- Teamwork – Coordinated effort of the group, acting in the best interest of the common cause, selflessly looking to the good of the whole instead of the individual.
Interact. Learn. Enjoy.
Quality Service Standards
- Safety – Provide all campus guests a secure venue and genuine sense of well-being.
- Hospitality – Serve every guest with a friendly and accommodating disposition.
- Education – Facilitate social, cultural, professional and academic growth.
- Efficiency – Ensure processes are effective in maximizing SCES resources and operations.